The Leadership Class addresses vital issues impacting Fort Worth by engaging established leaders in discussions and challenging them to engage their networks and resources to make a positive impact.
- Exposes established leaders to the diverse needs and issues in the community
- Creates connections between leaders related to those issues and develops relationships to move projects forward
- Enhances community leadership capabilities through group processes
- Aligns personal passions and resources with vital issues to be addressed through small group Issues Initiative work
- Established leaders who are key decision makers
Selection Committee seeks individuals who…
- Are leaders in their chosen profession, most often at the “Director” level and above
- Have a strong record of achievement in community/civic activities
- Have demonstrated decision-making experience on a broad array of community boards/organizations
- Have been involved in a non-profit organization for many years at a volunteer leadership level
- September through May
- Typically Thursdays, once a month
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (including two hours for Issues Initiative group meetings)
- Mandatory retreats are scheduled at the beginning and end of the program. The opening retreat is two full days from 8:00 to 5:00 PM with a reception at the end of the first day. The closing retreat is a full-day from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- 45 – 55 people, depending on diversity of applicant pool
- $2,750, A limited number of partial tuition waivers are available based on need.
THANK YOU TO OUR LEADERSHIP CLASS SPONSORS