Our Leadership Class addresses vital issues impacting Fort Worth by engaging established leaders in discussions and challenging them to make an impact. This nine-month program brings together a diverse group of decision-makers from across the community who want to broaden their perspectives about Fort Worth and use their resources to address identified needs.
The program features a series of topic-oriented days including health, economic development, government, education, arts & culture, human needs, and justice. The goals of this program are:
- collaboration with other established leaders and their networks to address community issues
- in-depth connections with people who share passions about particular issues
- experience with group-process strategies to support collaboration
- enhanced knowledge of the community, how it works and the needs it faces
During the program year, Leadership Class members form Issues Initiative Groups to study in depth a particular issue facing Fort Worth and create a plan to make an impact. The Issues Initiative Groups are a tangible way for class members to connect their resources and engage the LFW membership at large to address key issues. Class members spend two – three hours per month outside the program day working toward their initiatives. Upon completion of the program year, they are encouraged to continue their involvement with their initiatives as an LFW member.
LEADERSHIP CLASS PARTICIPANTS:
- are leaders in their chosen professions, most often at the “Director” level and above.
- have a record of achievement in community/civic activities.
- have demonstrated decision-making experiences in a broad array of community boards/organizations or have been involved in a non-profit organization for many years at a volunteer-leadership level.
As a result of the Leadership Class, participants are inspired to serve Fort Worth as community trustees by bringing their resources to bear for the good of the community and connecting with others to make that impact stronger. What graduates have to say about the Leadership Class.
The Leadership Class begins with a two-day retreat in September followed by eight monthly day-long sessions and a two-day closing retreat in May. Tuition for the program is $2,750 with a limited number of partial tuition waivers available depending on individual circumstances. Click here to apply.
LEADERSHIP CLASS 2015 & 2016 – OVERALL PROGRAM EFFECTIVENESS
- Love the program and will be recommending it to others.
- This really was one of the best professional experiences I have had. I cannot say enough good about the very rigorous program!
- It is a great program and one that fostered powerful working relationships.
- Loved the program. Would recommend to others.
LEADERSHIP CLASS 2015 & 2016 – SINGLE GREATEST IMPACT FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Networking and expanding my contacts and knowledge of Fort Worth.
- My own personal development was extraordinary! Through this program, I am now an external vs. internal facing executive!
- Increased awareness of platforms that helped me to narrow my focus and passion and put together a plan of action for the future.
- Learning about Fort Worth. The tours, the meetings in different places forced me to get out of my own backyard.