LeaderKids – Outcomes; Culminating Event
Contact: Mariem Harris
Project Description: This year, we want to align with the FWISD Vision 2010, “One Dream, One Team.” Please review the description on the Fort Worth ISD website: www.fortworthisd.org. Vision 2010 is built on strategic goals in the areas of (1) Student Achievement, (2) Operational Efficiency and Effectiveness, and (3) Family Involvement and Community Partnerships – including community based organizations (“CBOs”) like LeaderKids.
Successful outcomes for LKFW alumni support the following strategic goals from Vision 2010:
- There are increases each year in the percentage of high school students graduating from high school well prepared for post secondary education or gainful employment.
- There are decreases in the drop out rate based on local, state and national standards of measure.
- Relationships with community-based organizations (CBO’s) are established and managed in meaningful and relevant ways that provides additional support to the district and schools in their efforts to improve student achievement.
We hope this project will demonstrate that a representative sample of alumni have avoided dropping out, graduated from high school, pursued post secondary education and/or gainful employment, and stayed in touch with the LeaderKids organization. This would be valuable information for us to use in grant applications as well.
The project has two parts, both designed to help us stay in touch with alumni.
Survey a representative sample and compile statistics about alumni of the program:
- From Classes 2003 – 2006: Determine if LKFW alumni are currently enrolled in high school. If not, are they gainfully employed?
- From Classes 1996 – 2002: Determine if LKFW alumni graduated from high school? Are they gainfully employed? Are they enrolled in college or vocational school?
Plan and host the annual party for LKFW students and alumni – scheduled for Tuesday, April 24 at Tarrant County College, South Campus. This would be a good opportunity to update contact information for alumni.