Leadership Fort Worth – Closing Retreat
Organization Contact: Harriet Harral
Mentor: Jan Titsworth
This project group plans the culmination for its class year. The Closing Retreat is a strategic event because it is the vehicle through which the class reaches closure on program content, concludes its service projects for inclusion in the annual report, commits itself to future service to Fort Worth, and finds its own ways of saying good-by to each other. Using a class project group has been successful in the past because class members know better than anyone what their own class most needs – and wants – at its conclusion!
This project includes:
- finding a location,
- planning meals/social events,
- securing in-kind donations (coordinating with the LFW Development Committee to avoid duplication), and
- coordination with the LFW Program Chairs related to program content.
The program items that must be included are:
- Reports from the Community Service Project Groups
- Coordination with the LFW Program Committee Chairs to conclude the content of the year
- Developing and committing to a class vision
- Evaluation of the year
- Graduation ceremony
- Parties – as desired!