LEADERKIDS IS AN OPERATING PROGRAM OF LEADERSHIP FORT WORTH IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FWISD AND THE TCU LEADERSHIP CENTER
- Two 8th grade students are selected from each of the FWISD middle school campuses through an interview process, in collaboration with intervention specialists
OUR SUPPORT TEAM
- 20 – 22 TCU Student Mentors work closely with our LeaderKids
- 10 – 12 Active Adult Mentors who are Leadership Fort Worth members work with the program
- 40 – 50 LFW members have volunteered over our 22 years of existence.
WE USE THE ‘5 LEADERSHIP PRACTICES CURRICULUM’ OF KOUzES & POSNER TO HELP US WITH TEACHING LEADERSHIP SKILLS.
The Practices are:
- Model the Way
- Inspire a Shared Vision
- Challenge the Process
- Enable Others to Act
- Encourage the Heart
We introduce the 5 leadership practices and implement them through focused games/activities followed by discussion to demonstrate what was learned.
WE USE THE ‘5 LEADERSHIP PRACTICES CURRICULUM’ OF KOUzES & POSNER TO HELP US WITH TEACHING LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Self confidence
- Express your opinion
- Take responsibility for your actions
- Value yourself and your talents
- Project Management skills
- Ownership and belonging to the community