We are still accepting applications for LeadingEdge 2019!
LeadingEdge offers Fort Worth’s emerging leaders an opportunity to strengthen leadership practices, create connections with community leaders and move beyond volunteerism into board service and Community Trusteeship. During the six-month program, participants will:
- identify leadership practices shared by community leaders and create a plan of action to strengthen those skills
- discover how to build strong, enduring, successful collaborative relationships
- understand how to advocate for community-focused causes
- learn how to be effective nonprofit board members
- connect with community leaders through class discussions and small-group roundtables
LEADINGEDGE PROGRAM DETAILS
- Introduces emerging leaders to leadership practices shared by successful community leaders
- Identifies personal leadership strengths
- Explores processes relevant to “how Fort Worth works” (collaboration, advocacy, board governance)
- Creates connections with community leaders through roundtable discussions
- Provides a catalyst for non-profit board service through the Board Shadow Program
- Emerging leaders, typically in their mid-20s to mid-30s
SELECTION COMMITTEE SEEKS INDIVIDUALS WHO…
- Are rising stars in their profession
- Serve in a leadership capacity in organizations related to their career, academic institution or other young professionals organization
- Are outstanding volunteers for non-profit organizations
- Aspire to decision-making roles on community boards and city commissions
- January through June
- Typically Fridays, every three – four weeks
- 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- A full-day retreat is scheduled at the beginning and end of the program.
Board Shadow Program
- 45 – 55 people, depending on diversity of applicant pool
- $2,200, A limited number of partial scholarships are available based on need.
THANK YOU TO OUR LEADING EDGE SPONSOR