LeadershipClass Issues Initiative 2013-2014September 12, 2014 | By LFW
A unique element of LeadershipClass is the execution of Issues Initiative projects performed by participant teams that positively impact the Fort Worth Community.
These carefully identified strategic projects allow all class members to gain in-depth knowledge about a specific community problem, to interact with those most involved with that issue and to connect their resources and networks to make a positive difference.
Issues of concern in the community are identified in conjunction with the mayor and other content experts. Teams of (8-12 depending on class size) class members work together throughout the program year using a structured approach to develop solutions that will ultimately be presented to key community stakeholder audiences and the LFW Forum membership.
The goals of the LFW Issues Initiatives are to complete high-impact projects that:
- Augment a local non-profit’s staffing with talented volunteer resources that help them address an issue that they could not otherwise tackle
- Establish clear objectives and specific, tangible outcomes that will clearly benefit the community
- Deliver solutions that are data-based (research component)
- Engage external resources (sources from class member networks) in a meaningful way
- Provide knowledge transfer of the solution, including key steps for sustainability, to the non-profit and its key stakeholders
What will be different in our community because of each Issues Initiative project?Is the plan realistic? Are the results tangible? Will the results stick?
WATER CONSERVATION: Tarrant County Water District
Developed an implementation plan for an internet-based advisory system that will let each resident know exactly how much water their yard requires on a weekly basis.
TRANSPORTATION: The T
Conducted a web-based opinion survey soliciting responses on a proposed circulator trolley/bus system that would serve specific city center areas.
HUNGER: Tarrant Area Food Bank/FWISD
Created a “students teaching students” video with high school students developing recipes, scripting, and starring in cooking demonstrations for elementary school kids.
To learn more about our LeadershipClass program, please visit.