Request for Proposals: 990 Form & Tax ServicesMay 11, 2023 | By LFW
Leadership Fort Worth seeks professional services from qualified individuals or teams to prepare the organization’s annual 990 form and to provide associated services. The selected firm will be preparing the fiscal year 2022-2023 990 tax form for submission in the fall 2023. Leadership Fort Worth’s fiscal year is July 1 – June 30. Our annual operating budget is in the $500-600k range and currently includes a short list of donors who are reported on Schedule B.
Leadership Fort Worth (LFW) was established in 1972 as a resource for community leadership succession planning, with the first Leadership Class graduating in 1973. The five founding organizations were the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce, Fort Worth Junior League, Texas Christian University, Texas Wesleyan University, and the University of Texas at Arlington. Texas Electric, now Oncor, provided needed in-kind support.
Since 1973, LFW has graduated nearly 4,000 participants across all programs with 1,200+ of those being LeaderKids. Many LFW Alumni are leaders not only in government but a wide variety of volunteer and appointed roles. LFW is among the oldest community leadership development organizations in the country and consists of four programs: LeadershipClass, LeadingEdge, LeaderKids, and LeaderPrime. LFW is a proud member of the Association of Leadership Programs (ALP) and was recognized with its Excellence in Innovation award in 2015.
It’s an exciting time to partner with LFW under the leadership of Executive Director, Jennifer Treviño, LFW’s third Executive Director since January 2021 and as LFW celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2023.
Mission: To educate, empower, and connect diverse leaders who serve as catalysts for a vibrant and sustainable community.
Tagline: Providing Fort Worth with diverse and enlightened leadership
Vision: A community where everyone has the opportunity to be a leader and to serve the greater good.
Values: Trusteeship, Diversity, Integrity, Vision and Innovation
Additional information may be found at www.leadershipfortworth.org.
- Recommend and implement a 990 tax preparation timeline that ensures the organization meets the appropriate IRS deadlines and is in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and partner to the leadership of LFW including the Executive Director, Treasurer and Finance Committee, other Executive Committee members as well as LFW’s contracted finance and accounting team – WebbCFO.
- 5+ years of experience in 990 preparation.
- Demonstrated work experience with nonprofit organizations and alignment with LFW’s values of trusteeship, diversity, integrity, vision and innovation.
- Experience with membership organizations and/or alumni associations preferred.
- Fort Worth and Tarrant County based firms preferred.
Milestones & Deadlines
The selected firm would be required to attend initial project kickoff and project wrap-up meetings in person.
The LFW Board of Directors consists of 23 members and meets in-person:
- January 23, 2023 – goal for vendor selection by Executive Committee
- March 27, 2023 – project update
- May 22, 2023 – review & approval of strategic plan
The LFW Executive Committee which consists of five members including President, President-elect, Past President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Executive Committee meets virtually:
- February 27, 2023 – project update
- April 24, 2023 – project update
- June 26, 2023 – discuss/present/finalize any outstanding details prior to July 1, 2023 implementation date
A maximum budget of $3,000 has been established for the annual preparation of LFW’s 990 tax form preparation and submission.
Required Proposal Information
- Summary of services that demonstrates alignment with LFW mission
- Outline of proposed project approach, timeline and budget, including outline of project hours
- Experience level of professional team with brief bios including certifications and qualifications
- At least three past client references
All proposals are due by 5:00 PM on May 24, 2023 via email to Jennifer Trevino at email@example.com. Questions may also be directed to Jennifer.
Tags: Leadership Fort Worth