LeadingEdge offers Fort Worth’s emerging leaders an opportunity to strengthen leadership practices, create connections with community leaders and move beyond volunteerism into board service and Community Trusteeship. During the six-month program, participants will:
- identify leadership practices shared by community leaders and create a plan of action to strengthen those skills
- discover how to build strong, enduring, successful collaborative relationships
- understand how to advocate for community-focused causes
- learn how to be effective nonprofit board members
- connect with community leaders through class discussions and small-group roundtables
LEADING EDGE PROGRAM DETAILS
- Introduces emerging leaders to leadership practices shared by successful community leaders
- Identifies personal leadership strengths
- Explores processes relevant to “how Fort Worth works” (collaboration, advocacy, board governance)
- Creates connections with community leaders through roundtable discussions
- Provides a catalyst for non-profit board service through the innovative BoardBuild platform.
- Emerging leaders, typically in their mid-20s to under 40
SELECTION COMMITTEE SEEKS INDIVIDUALS WHO…
- Are rising stars in their profession
- Serve in a leadership capacity in organizations related to their career, academic institution or other young professionals organization
- Are outstanding volunteers for non-profit organizations
- Aspire to decision-making roles on community boards and city commissions
- January through June
- Typically Fridays, every three – four weeks
- 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- A full-day retreat is scheduled at the beginning and end of the program.
- 45 – 55 people, depending on diversity of applicant pool
- $2,200 (A limited number of partial scholarships are available based on need.)